Experienced in administering and interpreting different language and articulation tests.
– Manage proper procedures for treatment.
– Knowledgeable of using Audiometer for screening purpose.
– Capable of working with individual or group therapy.
– Able to use Meta-analysis methods for research purposes.
– Seminars: Language (Bilingual) and Dysphagia.
– Have professional computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
May 207- Up-to- March 2018
Head of Rehab at DDY Autism Center
– Establish the Rehab Department.
– See Pts of different disorders.
– Help in developing the center.
Sep. 2011 – April 2017
Clinical Director/Speech Language Therapist
– Direct daily affairs of the clinic.
– Provide speech therapy for the children of various disorders.
– Give training for staff and parents.
– Participate in workshops.
Oct. 2005- Up-to- date
Specialist Speech Language Therapist at the Dubai Health Authority.
– In Charge of Speech and Language therapy Unit.
– A member of Licensing Committee at DHA, Dubai.
Job Tasks are as follows:
Provides assessment and diagnosis to children with speech and language disorder, dysphagia, oral motor disorders, dyslexia, stuttering, and hearing impairment.
Designs appropriate program for treatment and intervention for children of various disorders such as Dysphagia, Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Developmental Delay, Hearing Impairment, Cleft and Lip Palate, Aural Rehabilitation, Executive Function Skills Disorders and many more related to communication disorders.
Provides counseling, training, and home program for doctors, nurses, students, caregivers.
Provides community services such as establishing Family Support Group at DHA; Supporting UAE Down’s Syndrome Association and Emirates Autism Association.
Raises public awareness about communication disorders through media,
universities, hospitals, public speech, and writing articles.
Oct. 2004 – Oct. 2005
Head of Speech Department at the Emirates Audiology Center, Abu Dhabi.
– Working with profound hearing-impaired children by implementing total
– Practicing my duties as the head of the department such as putting an emphasis on
keeping a positive attitude toward dealing with our clients.
09/2003 – 10-2005
Speech Therapist – Future Centre (for special needs children), Abu Dhabi.
– Working with special needs children of different disorders such as Autism, Down
syndrome, Hearing Impairment, ADHD, and severe language and articulation
– Worked Intensively with Cochlear Implants cases where remarkable results were
– Diagnosed many cases individually or through multidisplinary team approach.
– Setting specific goals to enhance the child language and communication skills.
– Train the families to follow through a designed home program for their children.
United States of America (USA)
Feb. 2002- Jan. 2003
Speech Therapist in Select Medical Corporation (Florida).
– Diagnosed and treated mainly Geriatric patients of various kinds of disorders,
Administering swallowing study via endoscopy or videofluoroscopy method and determining the appropriate
Dec. 2000 – Apr. 2001
Speech Therapist, Little River Elementary School
– Worked full time as resource therapist.
– Diagnosed and treated autistic children and severe language delayed children.
– Attended different kinds of training such as fluency, voice, language, articulation, assessment, behavior management, and autism workshop, which further enhance my therapy techniques.
Oct. 2000 – Dec. 2000
Speech Therapist, Westridge Middle School/Washington Shore Elementary
– Worked halftime on each school as an itinerant speech therapist.
– Treated children with language and speech disorders.
Mar. 1999 – July 1999
Manor Care Center, Florida
– Assisted senior therapists in stroke, Dysarthria, Apraxia, Alzheimer, Traech, and voice patients.
– Administered and interpreted diagnostic tests results using various research and techniques.
– Conducted therapy sessions for Dysphagia patients using Oral Motor Exercises (OME’s).
– Tutored patients on swallowing aspects during mastication and speech production.